Sunday, September 30, 2007

New TV

This weekend was fairly easy going for me, which is a many splendid thing. So I decided I would do a little job research. I have decided that my first foray into the film biz will be through becoming a Production Assistant, or PA. Basically a grunt, but hopfully I'll get noticed and get bumped up quickly. Anyways, I was doing research on the shows filming around here, and these are some of the new ones.

KYLE XY- When I first heard of this show I thought it wouldn't be around for one season. Apparently it's already in it's second, who knew? I started watching an episode last night to see what it was all about, and ended up watching just about both whole seasons. The premise is; A boy wakes up, naked, in the forest, not knowing who, or where he is, no even knowing how to talk. He is arrested for being naked and a kindly psychiatrist takes him in, oh yeah and he dosen't have a belly button... Fairly ho hum premise. It's kind of a Pretender, Dark Angel mixed with a little Smallville and a dash of some highschool drama... say like O.C or something a little less crappy. I guess Smallville is a highschool drama for the most part too.. It's a fun coming of age show, that should do fairly well. I was impressed.

BIONIC WOMAN- Yeah... what's there to say. It's a throwback to the original show from the 70's and I was not so much impressed with this one. It was very... hm.. lame. I gave it a shot though. The premise is, a woman gets into a car accident, and her various body parts get replaced to keep her alive. It was just very tacky. It seemed cheap, used a lot of sub par visual effects, and it had Katee Sackhoff, whom I dislike. It'll stick around for awhile, as it's got large network funding, but I wouldn't look for more than 3 seasons.

FLASH GORDON- I can't believe they haven't canned this show already. It reminds me of classic shows like beastmaster or sinbad. You know, really cheesey, bad guy's in weird costumes bad lazer effects and the like. Yeah. Not cool, not cool. This show shouldn't stick around, and if it does, I'll be weirded out.

So yeah, three shows looked into, one worth chcking out, If you're into the whole scifi teen drama thing. If not, watch 60 minutes or something

No comments: